Travis Taylor vs Carl Sagan - Who Was Right?

 

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence," that was the phrase that Carl Sagan used to dissuade an entire generation that UFOs and Aliens are not on earth. He would also write a book called "Candle in the Dark" that would debunk many of the claims made by people researching the paranormal. All these years after his passing we have learned that there is much here that still cannot be explained but we are finally making progress.

In contrast Dr. Travis Taylor recently stated that, "Extraordinary evidence is not a requirement of the scientific method." He argued that evidence should be collected, investigated and analyzed rather than be dismissed because the claim seems extraordinary. This truth resonates in a powerful way.

I loved Carl Sagan as much as anyone. I read his books, watched his TV show Cosmos and enjoyed the movie Contact. However, part of me always questioned his wisdom on the subjects of UFOs and Ancient Aliens. I know what I saw when I was twelve, his rhetoric could never erase that experience. It can be reasonably argued that he had chosen to keep the public in the dark instead of enlightening them.

In my new song "Extraordinary Evidence" Dr. Taylor's assessment is solidified with lyrical permanence. We are now making huge strides in awareness and understanding on these subjects. It only seemed fitting that it be captured in song. I don't wish to tarnish the memory of Carl Sagan but I think he would agree, the truth must be revealed.

Listen to the song on these services!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schwalbe Rapid Rob MTB Tire Review

CST Patrol MTB Tire Review

Bike Review: 2014 Raleigh Talus 29er