My New Sport - The Highland Games



After decades of crazy adventures and the stories that followed I have finally settled down into a more relaxed lifestyle. This change was a long time in the coming. My adopted father, Kevin Hutchinson, sr. passed away on May 1st, 2017 and since then I have lost the compulsion to prove myself to others. This revelation freed my mind and humbled my expectations.

However, I'm still an adventurer at heart. In the summer of 2018 I discovered Scottish Athletics. Having found my people it was time to take up a sport with the intention of simply enjoying a sense of community. In January of 2019 I competed at my first games in Sarasota, Florida.

It was a chilly morning for Florida, about 50 degrees. I was part of the young masters 40-49 group. There were nine events, some of which I had never tried before. My goals were simple: 1. Don't kill anyone by accident and 2. Don't get hurt. Both goals were achieved. How did I do? Who cares! I had fun and that is all that matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schwalbe Rapid Rob MTB Tire Review

CST Patrol MTB Tire Review

Uber Passenger Becomes Inspiration For Emotional Song