Skip to main content

When you Love Something, You want it to Flourish


We all have our gifts, our ways of contributing to the world. When we are at our best we use our gifts to achieve goals, to love others and to contribute. These passions define us both to ourselves and to others. These passions make up a large part of who we are and who we want to be.

The reason I'm getting all Anthony Robbins is because while we all want to be our best selves, we also have a few flaws that hold us back. There are things we are not that good at, things that slow down the journey. It is in these moments where we feel our greatest frustrations. It is in these moments when we need to ask for help. That is what I'm doing here in this blog. I'm asking for your help.


For those who know me, I'm a writer first and foremost. That is my talent and storytelling is my gift but I also have a really big flaw. I suck at selling my own art. For whatever reason once I have put in the time and effort to create a truly great work, I can't seem to compel an audience to purchase it. My talent and work ethic allow me to create great things but what good is a product if no one uses it? What good is a book if no one reads it?

I have spent the last thirteen years writing fictional stories on many subjects. Some of them are short, some are full length novels. Admittedly I had a lot to learn when I started but over time and with practice my writing grew stronger, becoming more refined. I'm at the point now where I can say with confidence that Twisted Trails: Least of the Beast is the greatest book I have ever completed.

As I have stated in the past Mountain Biking is the sport I have grown to love. This book is my contribution to the future of that world. I greatly appreciate the hundreds of people who read the first Twisted Trails but I can promise you that this is a glorious step forward. However, you are the person who can make that dream come true. This book is worth your attention and your attention is what completes my purpose.


What I'm asking you today is to forget sales pitches, forget familiarity, forget about what you normally like to read. I'm asking that you open your mind for a mere 134 pages. After it is over I promise you will be glad that you took this easy leap of faith.

Thank you, Alex Hutchinson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST Patrol MTB Tire Review

I've always been a sucker for cheap tires. In part because I'm a starving artist but also because riders tend to pay too much when it comes to upgrading their bikes. For example: How often have you seen a recreational rider purchase top of the line tires because they save him a few grams in weight? In most cases, if you really want to cut a few grams put down the cheeseburger. When it comes to mountain bike tires my measurement of quality sits at the apex between cost and consistency. For this reason I'm a huge fan of Schwalbe's Rapid Rob tires ( Read that review here ). While I'm still running a Rapid Rob on the front of my bike, I decided to try something new on the rear. Something even cheaper. Introducing the CST Patrol. For about $26. the 26" by 2.25" version of the CST Patrol is uber cheap. You get a wire bead, a weight of 780 grams with a single rubber compound but no EPS (Exceptional Puncture Safety) which can be found on other ve

Schwalbe Rapid Rob MTB Tire Review

Schwalbe has an excellent reputation for putting out stellar, high quality MTB tires. The up side has been their grip and superior compounds, the down side has been their prices, that is until now. The New Rapid Rob follows a long tradition of tires named with the alliterative double R, like Racing Ralph and Rocket Ron. Not a bad tradition to be a part of. So, what is different with the Rapid Rob that we haven't seen before? I bought a pair of 26 by 2.10 and put them on my bike to find out.

Bike Review: 2014 Raleigh Talus 29er

I have only ever tested a handful of 29ers. I generally found them to be more stable, aggressive on technical downhills with laid out geometry that felt race focused. While that sense of balance and control left a positive impression, I have never been able to afford such a beast. However, I will get to race one. Bicycles International of Venice and Luksha Reconstruction noticed my recent boost in name recognition, mostly due to the popularity of my book Twisted Trails . Then I told them about my ambitious racing schedule so they decided to sponsor me for the 2015 season. What I needed most was a bike good enough for cross country racing and gravel grinders. It didn't have to be a world beater but it had to stand a step above my now beat up Trek Four Series. Admittedly, that would be an easy task. "What kind of bikes do you see at the races?" asked Jason Luksha, owner of Luksha Reconstruction. While the trends have been fluctuating over the years between 26, 27