Skip to main content

Bog Dogs BMX Bike for Sale or Trade


Over the years you have no doubt heard people talk about Proper bike fit. If you have ever wondered what can happened when you spend too much time on the wrong size bike, I get to be an unfortunate example.

Let me first start by saying, "I Love my Bike!" For the last 8 months I have been racing a CycleCraft ProXL given to me by the great people of CycleCraft USA. The wheels and components came over from my old bike with the exception of new Supercross forks, new cables and and new pedals. It is beautiful in dark grey with blue accents but it does not correctly fit me.


I have been suffering from back pain for a solid year. I didn't know exactly what was causing it until now. I recently took one month off the 20 inch and rode only my Mountain Bike. I did Foundation training to strengthen my lower back and relieve the pain. My back has never felt better.

On Sunday I went to Charlotte BMX and tried my 20" to see what had changed. After only two laps my back was throbbing. I felt cramped and more out of balance than before. Perhaps I should be on a longer bike, maybe an XXL but it's too late, the damage to my confidence is irreparable. I suffered so many crashes in the last year that I just don't want to take the same chances.


I will continue to race BMX just on a larger bike. I really enjoyed my Rookie months but my timing was terrible. The ABA merger changed the rules which made it so that I was by far the least experienced Intermediate in any of my races. Most of the riders I'm up against are "Former" Experts. In addition most of the tracks are using Transfer system and now I can only make the main at locals. It's just not fun anymore.

Since I don't have the money to buy a new bike my only option is to put my bike up for trade or sale. What I'm looking for is either a 26" Mountain Bike (Single speed) capable of racing or a large 24" Cruiser. I will return to the Cruiser class on a bike that suits my size and comfort.

If you are interested in my bike get in touch with me on Facebook
or send me an E-mail with your offer or trade.

My bike is now listed on Craigslist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST Patrol MTB Tire Review

I've always been a sucker for cheap tires. In part because I'm a starving artist but also because riders tend to pay too much when it comes to upgrading their bikes. For example: How often have you seen a recreational rider purchase top of the line tires because they save him a few grams in weight? In most cases, if you really want to cut a few grams put down the cheeseburger. When it comes to mountain bike tires my measurement of quality sits at the apex between cost and consistency. For this reason I'm a huge fan of Schwalbe's Rapid Rob tires ( Read that review here ). While I'm still running a Rapid Rob on the front of my bike, I decided to try something new on the rear. Something even cheaper. Introducing the CST Patrol. For about $26. the 26" by 2.25" version of the CST Patrol is uber cheap. You get a wire bead, a weight of 780 grams with a single rubber compound but no EPS (Exceptional Puncture Safety) which can be found on other ve

Schwalbe Rapid Rob MTB Tire Review

Schwalbe has an excellent reputation for putting out stellar, high quality MTB tires. The up side has been their grip and superior compounds, the down side has been their prices, that is until now. The New Rapid Rob follows a long tradition of tires named with the alliterative double R, like Racing Ralph and Rocket Ron. Not a bad tradition to be a part of. So, what is different with the Rapid Rob that we haven't seen before? I bought a pair of 26 by 2.10 and put them on my bike to find out.

Bike Review: 2014 Raleigh Talus 29er

I have only ever tested a handful of 29ers. I generally found them to be more stable, aggressive on technical downhills with laid out geometry that felt race focused. While that sense of balance and control left a positive impression, I have never been able to afford such a beast. However, I will get to race one. Bicycles International of Venice and Luksha Reconstruction noticed my recent boost in name recognition, mostly due to the popularity of my book Twisted Trails . Then I told them about my ambitious racing schedule so they decided to sponsor me for the 2015 season. What I needed most was a bike good enough for cross country racing and gravel grinders. It didn't have to be a world beater but it had to stand a step above my now beat up Trek Four Series. Admittedly, that would be an easy task. "What kind of bikes do you see at the races?" asked Jason Luksha, owner of Luksha Reconstruction. While the trends have been fluctuating over the years between 26, 27